2023 Week 6 Newsletter: 2/13/23 – 2/18/23
This week marked the sixth week of Team 702’s 2023 build season, where we started to wrap up the build of our 2023 robot. We have continued on strategizing for this year’s game as well as sponsor and community event planning coming up Saturday next week.
This week adjustments were made to the assembly and preparation for drive practice continued. Further outreach to Culver City businesses for the Sponsor and Community event also occurred.
Next week we plan to do a lot of drive practice and get ready to go for our Sponsor and Community Event at the end of the week.
This week mechanics finished initial assembly of the robot, adding the compressor, air tanks, and grabber onto the robot. Next week’s plans are to get the robot fully functioning, and have the robot ready to show off at the Sponsor and Community Event.
This week CAD continued to refine the designs for this year’s robot, as well as designing gifts for our sponsors and supporters for the Sponsor and Community Event, and assisting Mechanics with the assembly of the robot. Next week’s plans are to continue with the work CAD has been doing.
This week programming worked on programming the robot and testing mechanisms when they were finished. Next week’s plans are to continue refining the code and to test autonomous.
This week electronics assisted mechanics and programming at getting the robot working. Next week plan’s are to continue assisting with adjustments for the robot.
This week business continued work on getting donors for the Sponsor and Community event, and filmed the Impact Award Video. Next week’s plans are to get everything ready to go for the event.
- Monday: 3:30-9, team dinner (those who have dinner are expected to stay until 9)
- Wednesday: 1:30-9, team dinner (those who have dinner are expected to stay until 9)
- Thursday: 3:30-9, team dinner (those who have dinner are expected to stay until 9)
- Saturday: 10-6, team lunch
- February 25 – Sponsor and Community Event
- March 11 – Scouting at Orange County Regional
- March 16-19 – Los Angeles Regional
- March 23-26 – San Diego Regional